by: Sareen Habeshian, Alix Martichoux, Nexstar Media Wire
(KTLA) – Where can you find the best burritos in America? The answer is very personal, but Yelp gave us a starting point.
The popular review website identified businesses in each state that serve burritos, then ranked those places based on the number and quality of reviews between January 2019 and February 2022.
Joliza’s tacos in Long Beach took first place in California, a state with a particularly crowded and competitive burrito market.
“We think our customers love our burritos because every component they contain…is [so] meticulously prepared individually which when combined makes for a wonderfully delicious burrito,” Tacos de Joliza told Nexstar’s KTLA in an email.
In Utah, the honor of best burrito spot in the state goes to Tacos La Pasadita in Green River. Boasting an impressive five-star rating and over 500 reviews, the one-stop shop is actually a food truck and can be easy to miss if you don’t look carefully.
La Victoria in Dallas ranked #1 in Texas. The restaurant is famous for its “Zack Attack” breakfast burrito which is so big one reviewer said it was the length of his forearm.
The size of the burrito at Javi’s Tacos in Omaha, Nebraska, was also impressive, Chad B. wrote in his Yelp review. “I don’t know how anyone can finish the meal,” he wrote. “The creamy habanero salsa is very spicy, but it tastes so good. I recommend adding a little to your burrito if you want a kick.
If those descriptions have you craving a burrito, here’s where Yelp says you can find the best in your state:
- Alaska (Anchorage): Oscar’s Taco Grande
- Alabama (Hoover): Taqueria Juárez
- Arkansas (Little Rock): The Fold: Botanas & Bar
- Arizona (Phoenix): Testal
- California (Long Beach): the tacos of Joliza
- Colorado (Denver): Santos Cafe & Mexican Grill
- Connecticut (Stratford): Ay Guey Comida Mexicana
- Delaware (Wilmington): El Diablo Burritos
- Florida (Panama City Beach): Diego’s Burrito Factory
- Georgia (Flowery Branch): Big Burritos Mexican Grill
- Hawaii (Haleiwa): Surf N Salsa
- Iowa (Sioux City): Restaurant La Juanita
- Idaho (Coeur d’Alene): Mexican Food El Paisa
- Illinois (Chicago): Mixteco Mexican Grill
- Indiana (Fishers): Burritos & Beer
- Kansas (Overland Park): La Fuente Mexican Street Food
- Kentucky (Louisville): new wave burritos
- Louisiana (New Orleans): Juan’s Flying Burrito
- Massachusetts (Franklin): Santa Fe Burrito Grill
- Maryland (Bethesda): fish tacos
- Maine (Yarmouth): Bruce’s burritos
- Michigan (Troy): Mexican cuisine from Oaxaca
- Minnesota (Minneapolis): Brito’s Burrito
- Missouri (Kansas City): Burrito Bros.
- Mississippi (Horn Lake): West Coast Burrito
- Montana (West Glacier): La Casita
- North Carolina (Charlotte): Mal Pan
- North Dakota (Minot): El Azteca
- Nebraska (Omaha): Javi’s tacos
- New Hampshire (Nashua): California burritos
- New Jersey (Hackensack): Bro-Ritos
- New Mexico (Albuquerque): El Paisa
- Nevada (Las Vegas): raging tacos
- New York (New York): Summer Salt
- Ohio (Cincinnati): Jorge’s Taco Food Truck
- Oklahoma (Tulsa): Calaca Fresh Mex
- Oregon (Portland): Holy Burrito
- Pennsylvania (Philadelphia): El Purepecha
- Rhode Island (Newport): Tijuana Burrito Grill
- South Carolina (Hilton Head Island): Java Burrito Company
- South Dakota (Sioux Falls): Tortilleria Hernandez
- Tennessee (Knoxville): Victor’s Taco Shop
- Texas (Dallas): The Victoria
- Utah (Green River): Tacos La Pasadita
- Virginia (Richmond): Pepe’s Mexican Restaurant
- Vermont (Burlington): New World Tortilla
- Washington (Seattle): Gordito’s
- Washington, DC: The Well Dressed Burrito
- Wisconsin (Madison): El Rancho Mexican Grill
- West Virginia (Lansing): The Burrito Bar at Breeze Hill
- Wyoming (Casper): Pancho’s
See photos of burritos and links to restaurant reviews from Yelp.