Hey, neighbors! Dylan Siwicki here with today’s copy of the Plymouth-Canton Daily.
First, today’s weather forecast:
The clouds are dissipating and heating up. High: 62 Low: 37.
Here are today’s top stories in Plymouth-Canton:
- Mr. Miguel brings Mexican flavor on the border between Livonia and Plymouth Township. The restaurant opened in late March and pays homage to another family restaurant they previously owned in Westland. (Hometown Life)
- The police arrested a person in connection with a fatal stabbing at a home in Westland on the 32600 block of Judy Drive around 11 a.m. (Fox 2 Detroit)
- A draft majority opinion reportedly leaked to Politico suggests the justices are set to overrule Roe V. Wade. What impact would this have on Michigan? (Michigan crest)
- Governor Gretchen Whitmer said Tuesday that she “fighting like hell to protect access to abortion in Michigan‘, following a memo from the U.S. Supreme Court suggesting the court could overturn the landmark 1973 Roe v. Wade decision, which guaranteed women the right to an abortion. (Michigan Patch)
From our sponsor:
Hey, Plymouth-Township – need to do something in your house? Check out our new Local Businesses in Plymouth-Township feature to find the best local professionals for gardening, plumbing, house cleaning and more!
Today in Plymouth-Canton:
From my notebook:
- Nextdoor neighbor, Fairway Pines: “What’s going on with our yard? – How do we fix this? After professional services performed buried downspouts and irrigation services performed in 2021, our yard is a muddy mess?” (next door)
- Nextdoor Neighbor, Ann Arbor/Township Centre: “Hi neighbours! – I always volunteer at PBJ Outreach in downtown Detroit, Mexican Village Holy Redeemer to be specific. We have several families who have requested children’s clothing and toys. If you don’t ‘have not finished your…” (Nextdoor )
- Nextdoor Neighbor, Napier Rd: “I have had my pet with Salem Vet for the past 5 years. – We have always seen Dr. Yates who has apparently retired. I am happy for her but disgusted with how the remaining staff treats her clients. I had a vet appointment with Dr. Yates…” (Beside)
- Next door neighbour, Green Meadows: “This girl/guy comes shopping everyday on Northern Ave? – Do you have a new necklace? I guess he’s from the neighborhood. (next door)
More from our sponsors – please support the local news!
You are now aware and ready to go out this Wednesday! I will see you soon.
— Dylan Siwicki
About me: I was born and raised on the Westside of Detroit, in the hard-working Polish neighborhood of Warrendale. I am a Detroit Public School graduate who fought hard to earn my education. My aspiration to journalism came when I was young, when I started following the corruption scandal of former Detroit Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick. My first break into the world of journalism began with the opportunity to work at the Michigan Journal, where I primarily reported on campus and local news throughout the Dearborn community. I finally worked my way to the news editor. So, with first-hand experience growing up in a close-knit neighborhood, I know the importance of delivering news and telling stories that impact local communities. And as the latest news editor at Patch for Metro Detroit, it’s my job to deliver that news. So feel free to contact me about new tips or your own unique experiences at [email protected]
Got a news tip or suggestion for an upcoming Plymouth-Canton Daily? Contact me at [email protected]