Gluten-free Mexican cuisine will bring the flavor (without the guilt) to your Cinco de Mayo celebration this year. Whether you’re gearing up for May 5 or just having your weekly Taco Tuesday, you don’t want to miss these light Tex Mex favorites. From tacos to tostadas, salsa to Mexican sides, you’ll want to try each of these low carb Mexican recipes.
Related: 25 Facts About Cinco de Mayo, Plus Cinco de Mayo History
Best Gluten-Free Mexican Recipes for Cinco de Mayo
- Tacos: As long as you use hard or soft corn tortillas, you can enjoy tacos. You should avoid toppings like fried fish or those made with marinades or spice mixes that use gluten-containing ingredients like beer or flour. But if you make your own, like the Chili Lime Steak Bites in this roundup, you can create a taco bar with toppings like cheese, sour cream, lettuce, and guacamole. .
- Nachos: Buy a brand of gluten-free tortilla chips (like Siete Grain-Free Tortilla Chips) and you can use those same toppings and taco fillings to make nachos. Slow Cooker Chicken Salsa is a great option.
- rice bowls: Whether you use plain rice or keep it low carb with cauliflower rice, you can top it with any of these low carb skillet chicken recipes, along with all your favorite preparations.
- Accompaniments: Rice, beans, corn, and of course dips like salsa and guac are all gluten-free.
- Skinny Margaritas: Since tequila is made from the agave plant, as long as the brand doesn’t add any flavorings or other sneaky gluten ingredients, it’s gluten-free. That means it’s margarita time!
- Mexican breakfast: A good Cinco de Mayo starts with breakfast! Try the tostada stacks for breakfast or the salsa egg tacos with baked Mexican peppercorn cauliflower bites.
(scroll down to continue reading)
Related: Easy Mexican Dessert Recipes for Cinco de Mayo
If all that isn’t enough, you can stuff sweet potatoes, spice up your shrimp cocktail, bring the Tex-Mex to breakfast, and more! Get all these recipes by clicking “Launch Gallery” above.
CLICK HERE TO PIN THIS COLLECTION